- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1 large sweet potato (400gm) peeled, cut into chunks
- 5 large garlic cloves, leave in skin
- 200gm carrots, cut into chunks
- 2 cans Cannellini Beans
- 2.5 litre chicken or vegetable stock (made up from concentrate)
- 1 teaspoon pink himalayan sea salt
Preheat oven to 200 celcius. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
In a large bowl, toss together the olive oil, cinnamon, sweet potato, garlic and carrot. Spread onto prepared tray and roast for 35-40 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
Transfer vegetables to a blender (squeeze out garlic from skin) and add cannellini beans (drained) and stock. Blend until smooth then pour into a medium saucepan. (note: I use a stick blender, away from the stove top in case it sprays everywhere!!!).
Cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
Optional extra – swirl through yoghurt and season with pepper to taste. Serve with some toasted sourdough bread.
Recipe by Janet Rowe (given to me a few years ago by a customers, possibly the nicest soup I’ve ever tasted)