Lately we have been lucky to have some lovely fresh Limes in our Organic Seasonal Fruit & Vegetable Boxes.
We’ve had to put them in a labelled paper bag, because the ripe Limes actually look a lot like lemons. I’ve always found cooking with Limes gives my meals a light and refreshing flavour, so I thought I’d share a couple of our family favourites, that are very quick to throw together, with most of the ingredients coming from your well stocked pantry (and we happen to have all those items available at Ample Foodstore, we can put a meal pack together for you).
6 tablespoons Coconut Milk 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed Lime Juice
1 teaspoon Ground Ginger 1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried basil (or 1 tablespoon fresh basil)
1 tablespoon Honey 1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Pepper 8 chicken drumsticks or Chicken Pieces
Slices of Lime to garnish Organic Jasmine Rice
Plus add a variety of steamed Organic Vegetables, or bake in the oven with the chicken (broccoli, sweet potato, snow peas, carrot or any other fresh produce in season).
- Preheat oven to 200 celcius. Line a baking track with greaseproof paper.
- Mix together the coconut milk, lime juice, ginger, garlic, basil, honey, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Toss the chicken pieces through the mixture until well coated.
- Place chicken on baking tray and cook for 30-35 minutes, turn half way through cooking. Continue cooking until chicken is cooked through.
- Garnish with lime slices and serve with cooked rice and vegetables.
This meal will easily feed 4 people, but by adding just a few extra vegetables, you can easily stretch it out to get another 1 or 2 portions, or leftovers.