- 1 brown onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 450gm carrots
- 430gm butternut pumpkin
- 500gm cauliflower
- 15gm fresh ginger
- 25gm fresh turmeric
- 3 cups water
- 2 teaspoon Organic Concentrated Stock (veg or chicken)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon hot chilli sauce
- 1 teaspoon organic cinnamon powder
- 2 tablespoon Organic Smooth Peanut Butter
- To serve, add cream, coconut milk, fresh coriander or Pepitas/Pumpkin seeds.
- In a medium pot, heat up 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Add coarsely chopped onion and crushed peeled garlic cloves, cook a few minutes until translucent.
- Add, chopped into chunks, carrot, pumpkin, ginger and turmeric. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir and let veggies get some colour.
- Add cauliflower chunks, the stock and water.
- Reduce heat to low, add cinnamon and chilli sauce. Cover and let simmer until carrot are soft (approx 20-30min).
- Remove from the heat. Let cool down a little bit before blending (ensure your food processor can handle hot food).
- Blend to smooth consistency and add peanut butter. Anne-lyse finds 2 tablespoon is a delicious amount, but start by adding one first and taste – you might find that’s enough for you.
- Garnish with cream, coconut milk or fresh coriander. For something a bit unique, Anne-lyse sprinkled Maple Glazed Toasted Pepitas on top (these are also delicious in salad or as a snack, see below for how to make).
To make Maple Glazed Toasted Pepitas, add salt and maple syrup to Pepitas, toast in the oven for 15-20 minutes at 175*C.
All fresh organic produce is available in our current seasonal fruit & veg boxes.
Recipe by Chef Anne-lyse.